By LearningExpress Editors
As an grownup i needed to extend my vocabulary and this has been a superb publication for that target. i might definately reccomend.
Read Online or Download 501 Vocabulary Questions (Skill Builder in Focus) PDF
Best studying & workbooks books
The nice examine consultant has been a bestselling creation to the fundamentals of social examine because it used to be first released in 1998. This new moment variation of the e-book deals a similar transparent tips on tips on how to behavior winning small-scale learn initiatives and provides much more price by means of together with new sections on web learn, phenomenology, grounded concept and image-based equipment.
We wish to provide the perform you would like at the SAT* McGraw-Hill's 12 SAT perform exams with PSAT offers the extensive test-taking perform that may assist you sharpen your abilities, improve your self belief, and decrease your rigidity. Take those perform tests--created by way of of America's such a lot skilled and revered test-prep coaches--and you are going to research what types of questions are at the SAT, how the attempt is dependent, and the way to finances it slow in each one try out part.
Step by step suggestion on finishing an excellent examine venture. study might be daunting, relatively for first-timers, yet this vital booklet offers every little thing you want to comprehend to organize for study, draft and finalise a methodologically sound and well-written record or thesis, plus it warns you of power pitfalls to avoid you losing time on fake trails.
- Achieving Success through Academic Assertiveness: Real life strategies for today's students
- Business Idioms in America
- Check Your Vocabulary for PET (Vocabulary Workbook)
- Pronunciation Games (Cambridge Copy Collection)
- Improve Your Written English
- Up your grades: proven strategies for academic success
Additional info for 501 Vocabulary Questions (Skill Builder in Focus)
You stultiﬁed me at that meeting! subvert (sub· vurt) v. 1. to overthrow. 2. to ruin, destroy completely. 3. to undermine. She quietly subverted his authority by sharing internal information with outside agents. truncate ( trun ·kayt) v. to shorten or terminate by (or as if by) cutting the top or end off. The glitch in the software program truncated the lines of a very important document I was typing. upbraid (up· brayd) v. to reprove, reproach sharply, condemn; admonish. The child was upbraided for misbehaving during the ceremony.
119. A reprieve is a postponement or cancellation of punishment, especially of the death sentence. It can also mean temporary relief from danger or discomfort. 120. A miscreant is a villain, criminal, or evil person. 49 7 To Be or Not To Be Have you ever been offended by a boor or charmed by someone with a very genteel nature? The 20 words in this chapter describe many different kinds of people—some you might like to have as family and friends, and many you would not. You can ﬁnd the answers to each question in this section at the end of the chapter.
1. wickedness. 2. a corrupt or depraved act. Such turpitude deserves the most severe punishment. venal ( vee·na˘l) adj. easily bribed or corrupted; unprincipled. The venal judge was removed and disbarred. 45 501 Vocabulary Questions Match the action described in Column A with the name of the crime or criminal nature in Column B. Column A Column B 101. lying under oath 102. conspiring to rig a local abscond 103. 104. 105. 106. 107. 108. 109. 110. election a politician using public funds to buy gifts for his or her family telling a white lie committing armed robbery after serving time for auto theft a defendant trying to leave the state before his or her case goes to trial: attempting to ________ frequently accepting bribes while in ofﬁce: a ________ public ofﬁcial taking something that belongs to someone else swindling a rich divorcee: ________(ing) an innocent woman executing the entire population of a village during a civil war bilk collusion enormity malfeasance peccadillo perjury purloin recidivism venal 46 501 Vocabulary Questions Using the words from the list below, choose the best word to complete each of the following sentences.
501 Vocabulary Questions (Skill Builder in Focus) by LearningExpress Editors